Online and Mobile Banking Updates Coming on March 8, 2023
Jan 23, 2023
Our online and mobile banking experience has a new look
We're investing in upgrading our technology to support our customers and mission. Starting on March 8, 2023, you’ll see an updated version when you log in, with important security and functionality upgrades.
Here are a few key pieces of information you should know about our updated online and mobile banking experience:
- Your username and password will remain the same.*
- You’ll have access to all the same features that you have now, and they’ll be easier to use.
- If you use a password manager, you may need to manually re-enter and save your password again the first time you log in.
- If you use our mobile app, just go to the app store after March 8 to update to the latest version.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I log into the new platform? Will I have a new username or password?
You’ll log in exactly like you do now, using your existing username and password.* If you use a password manager, you may need to manually re-enter and save your password again the first time you log in.
* Note: A small number of customers will need to update their usernames if they contain special characters. If this applies to you, we have already reached out to you with instructions.
What should I do if I can’t remember my password?
You can use the “Forgot your password?” option on the login page. Follow the prompts via email to verify your identity and securely set up a new password.
If you don’t remember your password, we recommend that you not try to guess. After trying incorrect credentials three times, your account will be locked to protect your security.
What should I do if I get locked out of my account?
If you incorrectly enter your credentials three times in a row, your account will be locked. Please and we can unlock your account so that you can reset your password.
How can I get familiar with the new online banking interface?
The first time you log in on a device, there will be a guided tour that will walk you through where to find all the features in online banking.
What do I need to do if I use the mobile app?
Our Beneficial State Bank mobile and Advanced Business apps will be updated as well. If you already have the app, just update to the latest version from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, available after March 8.
Will my device or browser be supported?
Due to enhanced security requirements of our online banking platform, we can no longer support several older browsers, operating systems, and devices.
- Browsers: We recommend Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported.
- Apple mobile devices: We support iPhone 6S and newer phones and require an operating system of iOS 15 or newer.
- Android mobile devices: We require an operating system of Android 10 or newer. See a full list of supported devices.
What will happen to my recurring or planned transfers?
Your recurring transfers will continue as normal with no interruption. All previously saved and recurring transfers will be available to view and edit when you log in.
Will I need to register again for Bill Pay? What will happen to my recurring Bill Pays and saved Payees?
You will not need to register again for Bill Pay. If you are a current Bill Pay user, all Bill Pay features will be available to you when you log in. Recurring Bill Pays will continue as normal with no interruption, and all saved Payees will be available for you to view and edit.
What will happen to my current Alerts, Savings Goals, Groups, and Categories?
All saved Alerts will continue to notify you with no interruption, and will be available to view and edit when you log in. All previously saved Savings Goals, Groups, and Categories will be available when you log in, with no interruption.
Advanced Business users: Will I still be able to use ACH, Positive Pay, and Wires?
Yes, all Advanced Business functionality will be present in the new online banking experience. Previously saved ACH templates, Positive Pay information, Wires, and Sub-User authorities will be available to view and edit when you log in.
Advanced Business users: If I use QuickBooks Direct-Connect, will this continue to work immediately?
We anticipate a brief QuickBooks Direct-Connect service outage of about five (5) business days after the new online banking rollout. After this, QuickBooks should resume normal operations. If you need your data to sync during this outage period, you can manually export your transactions from online banking and upload them to QuickBooks.
Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you need assistance with this.
What if I have an auto loan or credit card through Beneficial State?
These online banking changes will only affect customers who hold bank accounts with Beneficial State Bank. If you have an auto loan or credit card, your experience will not change.
Why is Beneficial State Bank making these changes?
We want to provide you with a great online and mobile banking experience. These changes include important benefits, like easier navigation, improved security, and a Spanish translation option for some pieces of online banking (disclosures only available in English).
How to Get Help with Your Account
We are here to help with this transition and want to make it as smooth and easy for you as possible.
- Personal Accounts: If you would like help with a personal bank account, you can reach out to us via web form, phone, or video banking, or visit us at a branch.
- Business or Nonprofit Accounts: If you would like help with a business or nonprofit bank account, please send us an email.
We are grateful that you have chosen to align your money with your values by banking with Beneficial State. As part of our mission, we hope to provide the best and most secure online user experience possible. We welcome your feedback.